HAMMERHEAD SHOCK TUBE INITIATOR
The Hammerhead Shock (Signal) Tube Initiator quickly and easily starts one or two lead-in lines under demanding conditions or in harsh environments. The Hammerhead is handheld and uses a shot shell primer to initiate one or two shock tube lead in lines simultaneously. The unit is fired by striking the top part, driving the firing pin into the shot shell primer.
FEATURES OF THE HAMMERHEAD INITIATOR
The Hammerhead Initiator has a number of advantages over other devices;
- Improved safety – there is no need to cut the shock tube and a passive safety latch prevents accidental firing.
- The shock tube is firmly gripped by the Hammerhead.
- The Hammerhead can initiate one or two shock tube lead in lines simultaneously.
- The unit is hand held – it can be fired from boats, on any type of ground or snow.
- The shock tube is only cut deep inside the unit, reducing the risk of contamination from moisture or dirt.
- The Hammerhead initiates both ends (detonator and tail) of the shock tube eliminating explosive waste issues.
- The shot shell primer can be quickly inserted and easily removed with no need to unscrew or separate the unit.
- The unit is compact and can easily be slipped into a pocket so the Shotfirer is always in control of the device.
HAMMERHEAD PRODUCT INFORMATION
The Hammerhead is designed and manufactured for a long, trouble free life. It is made from hard anodized aluminium or high strength plastic. The springs and fasteners are stainless steel. It is 200 millimetres (8 inches) long, 70 millimetres (2.3/4 inches) wide (maximum) and 25 millimetres (1 inch) thick. It weighs 425 grams (15 ounces).
The Hammerhead has been extensively tested on Dyno Wesfarmers’ Nonel and IES Exel and Enduradet products.
Recommended Retail Price – AUD $375.00 plus GST.
Contact Havoc Industries’ principal; Arran Gordon BEng (Hons)
Member of the International Society of Explosives Engineers
Mobile: + 61 (0) 419 512 911